It works to reduce jaw fatigue on long dives thanks to its innovative design and low weight. The XL4 even works as an ideal stage regulator for the technical exploration diver with lots of equipment. The XL4 is the seriously lightweight and high performance option for technical divers.
- Tested on the expedition-tested Apeks DS4 platform
- New, innovated first stage features an over-moulded endcap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice build-up that can cause dangerous first stage free flow in extreme, cold water circumstances
- First stage protected from impact damage
- Heat exchanger diaphragm clamp has a large surface area and helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage for improved cold water performance
- Diaphragm is uniquely over-balanced. As the diver descends, the feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient, resulting in a superior depth performance
- Lightweight and compact second stage design improves comfort while helpîng to reduce jaw fatigue on longer dives
Pneumatically balanced high performance lever operated poppet valve
- Self-flushing, over-moulded large controllable purge button
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Better cold water performance with the flexible nylon braided hose over a traditional rubber hose
- Interchangeability made easy with a standard metallic hose connection
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece does not require bit pressure to stay in place and features a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate
- Mouthpiece clip is reusable, making it easy to change mouthpieces in the field
- Excellent bubble diversion with durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee