Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
Compact and lightweight
The XL4 from Apeks is an extremely lightweight and compact regulator that is suitable for diving in any environment. The cold water capability on this regulator surpasses expectations, and the low weight and design helps to reduce jaw fatigue on longer dives. This regulator is perfect for travelling or for use as a stage regulator for technical divers who have lots of equipment. The first stage is also extremely lightweight, and was compact machined on the expedition-tested Apeks DS4 platform.. Essentially, the XL4 is a great high-performance option for divers who are serious about their diving.
With a innovative breakthrough over-moulded first-stand endcap and an all-new environmental diaphragm, the XL4 stands out in its class. Ice build-up, that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances, is prevented by the new design. Also, the diaphragm is designed to protect the first stage from impact damage, whether it be while travelling or in storage. The diaphragm design comes with a large surface area heat exchanger which increases the temperature of the gas inside the first stage, which ultimately results in a better cold-water performance. Also, the over-balanced design allows for the intermediate pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient, which results in a better depth performance. The XL4 was created among some of the best regulators in the world.
Other main features
Other main features on the XL4 include a high performance pneumatically balanced lever operated poppet valve, an over molded self-flushing and controllable purge button, and an ergonomic Venturi lever that is easy to locate. The Venturi lever comes standard on other elite regulators, such as the Legend LX Supreme from Aqua Lung. The XL4 comes with an extremely flexible nylon braided hose, which increases performance in cold water over a traditional rubber hose. The Comfo-bite mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue, and the reusable mouthpiece clip makes changes in the field simple. The second stage can be configured for right or left handedness, and the regulator is Nitrox compatible up to 40% O2 when brand new. It can also be cleaned to 100%.
WATCH THE VIDEO
- Tested on the expedition-tested Apeks DS4 platform
- New, innovated first stage features an over-moulded endcap and environmental diaphragm to prevent ice build-up that can cause dangerous first stage free flow in extreme, cold water circumstances
- First stage protected from impact damage
- Heat exchanger diaphragm clamp has a large surface area and helps increase the gas temperature inside the first stage for improved cold water performance
- Diaphragm is uniquely over-balanced. As the diver descends, the feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient, resulting in a superior depth performance
- Lightweight and compact second stage design improves comfort while helpîng to reduce jaw fatigue on longer dives
- Pneumatically balanced high performance lever operated poppet valve
- Self-flushing, over-moulded large controllable purge button
- Ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Better cold water performance with the flexible nylon braided hose over a traditional rubber hose
- Interchangeability made easy with a standard metallic hose connection
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece does not require bit pressure to stay in place and features a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate
- Mouthpiece clip is reusable, making it easy to change mouthpieces in the field
- Excellent bubble diversion with durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review XL4 Dive Regulator